“Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Do you feel slow, tired and have troubles to get out of bed in winter?
Do you have difficulty focusing at work, feel down or depressed?
Does it get harder to control your weight?
Everyone is affected by the weather and the seasons.
That’s not a disorder. That’s being human, that’s being part of a wider living ecosystem.
The workshop’s objective is to help participants learn about theinfluence of weather and season on our psychophysical well-being.
This objective will be achieved by the following activities during the workshop:
• highlighting the common origins and development of all beings on this planet from a micro to a macro perspective
• seeing the connections between human emotions and atmospheric agents
• focusing on Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), symptoms, latest researches
• using a questionnaire and a short assessment to begin to understand how seasonal the participants are
• experiencing mindfulness and transcendental meditation
• learning the therapies and the practical tricks to use during autumn and winter to overcome the seasonal negative influence.
Participants will benefit in the following ways:
• They will learn about a common seasonal disorder and have the possibility to ask for more information
• They will have the possibility to share their personal experiences about the weather and its influence on their health
• They will restore their connection with nature, especially in a demanding climate
• This workshop is particularly directed to internationals, who could have difficulty to adjust to the Dutch climate
• The workshop is useful also to the Dutch population, to cope with the seasonal mood and lack of sun light.[/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″]
When: 11/11/2014, h. 18.00-19.30
Location: BLOOM House of Health (Koninginnegracht 28 – 2514 AB Den Haag)
Cost: € 12,50 per person (incl. thee and fresh snacks ).
Reimbursement is possible only if the workshop is cancelled.
Min. 6 participants.[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]